Gateway to the world of
Progressive, Growth-Focused, Entrepreneurs & Startups
building the New India
Schedule of Tariff approved by HERC for Distribution and Retail supply of Electricity for FY 2022-23
HERC in its Order dated 30th March, 2022 has approved the Distribution and Retail Supply Tariff to be charged by UHBVN and DHBVN from their consumers during the FY 2022-23 as under; the tariff rates shall be applicable with effect from 1st April, 2022.
1. In case of Arc furnaces/ Steel Rolling Mills for supply at 33 kV and above, the HT Industrial tariff at the corresponding voltage level shall be applicable.
2. Fixed charges for HT Industrial supply and Bulk Supply category are in Rs./kVA of Contract Demand. For Railways and DMRC, the fixed charges shall be Rs./kVA of the billable demand.
3. In case of Bulk Supply Consumers (other than Bulk Supply – DS), the fixed charges are in Rs./kW of the connected load where contract demand is not sanctioned and in Rs./kVA of contract demand where contract demand is sanctioned.
4. x x x x
5. The surcharge for arc furnace/ steel rolling mills shall be 25 Paisa / Unit in case the supply is at 11 kV including open access power.
6. x x x x
7. x x x x
8. x x x x
9. The schedule of tariff and charges does not include Electricity Duty, Municipal Tax, Panchyat Tax (being levied as per the notifications issued by the State Government) and FSA as per MYT Regulations in vogue.
10. x x x x
11. x x x x
12 In the case of the Existing consumers above 50 kW upto 70 kW (LT) that has been merged with HT Supply, that tariff shall be as per HT Supply. In the absence of a compatible meter standard power factor of 0.90 may be used. However, the Discoms shall ensure that a compatible meter of requisite accuracy is installed either by the Discoms or by the consumers themselves within six months from this order.
13. x x x x
14. The charges, other than energy and demand charges determined in the present order, for NDS category merged with HT / LT Supply shall be as per the charges applicable for erstwhile HT / LT Industry. The Discoms are directed to file a comprehensive proposal for amendment in general and miscellaneous charges as well as the relevant regulations such as the Duty to Supply Regulations.
15. The Temporary Supply Tariff shall remain unchanged i.e. as per the Commission’s tariff order for the FY 2021-22.
16. x x x x
17. It is clarified that the acceptance limit of cash will be Rs. 5000 (five thousand). However, the cash collection limit for theft penalty amount may be enhanced to Rs. 2,00,000 (two lakhs) ; submission of PAN Card shall be mandatory for any transaction exceeding Rs. 50,000 (Fifty Thousand). It is further made clear that the AEE / SDO concerned shall be fully responsible for cash collected and prompt remittance into the designated bank(s).
The salient features of the Order are as under:-
(a) Cross Subsidy Surcharge will be as under:-
(b) Additional Surcharge
The Additional Surcharge payable by the Open Access Consumers shall continue to be levied as under :-
This revised additional surcharge shall be applicable from the date of HERC Order dated 02.02.2022.
(c) Transmission Charges:
42 paise/kWh to be applicable w.e.f. 01.04.2022 (As approved by the HERC in its Order dated 02.03.2022 for approval of ARR for Transmission Business & SLDC and determination of Transmission Tariff and SLDC charges for the FY 2022-23).
(e) ToU Tariff
The ToU tariff has been approved for the time slot of 21:00 to 05:30 as under with conditions:-
(f) Wheeling Charges
The wheeling charges payable by the Open access consumers shall be as under:-
HT (Rs./kWh) - Rs. 0.84
LT (Rs./kWh) - Rs. 1.03
The embedded Open Access consumers of the Discom’s drawing power at 66 Kv or above imposes cost which is being borne by the DISCOMs. Hence, besides the intra state transmission loss as determined by the Commission for FY 2022-23 in the ARR/Tariff order of HVPNL, such open access consumers shall also be liable to pay the distribution system network cost as determined above i.e. Rs. 0.54 per unit, till such time they are consumers of distribution licensees.
Further, the Commission has also clarified in its order dated 31.03.2022 in case No. HERC/RA-08 of 2021 that the distribution system network cost for open access consumers for open access embedded consumer drawing power at 66 KV or above pressure shall be read as Rs. 0.55/kwh instead of Rs. 0.32 kwh inadvertently written in the impugned order.
Members are requested to make a note of the above and guide themselves accordingly.
Integrated Association of Micro Small & Medium Enterprises of India (Not-for-Profit Institution for Growth & Development of MSMEs) IamSMEofIndia, Sector 11, Mathura Road,
Faridabad- 121006, Haryana, India
Ph: +91-9711101666 (EVP) ; +91-9711123111 (Executive Secretary)
E-mail: email@example.com ; Website: www.iamsmeofindia.com CIN NO : U73100HR2009NPL039044
IamSMEofIndiais India's first"GOLD GRADE" National Level Business Member OrganisationAccredited by NABET-QCI AdjudgedNo.1at theNational Levelas"The Most Responsible Business Member Organisation"